Welcome to the California page of the Helping Smokers Quit project. The efforts of this project are supported by the American Nurses Association and the Association of California Nurse Leaders , and it is funded by a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to the UCLA School of Nursing.
Click to access:
- The slides of the California presentation "Helping Smokers Quit"
- The Fact Sheet for California
- California Smokers' Quitline
- California Tobacco Control Program (CTCP)
- Frequently Asked Questions about smoking cessation and the HSQ project
Please meet the team who is coordinating the HSQ Project:
- Linda Sarna, RN, DNSc, FAAN, Principal Investigator
- Michael Ong, MD. Co-Investigator
- Patricia Parkerton, MPH, PhD, Co-Investigator
- Marjorie Wells, RN, PhD, FNP, Project Director
- Lisa Wei Chang, MPH, Project Assistant
- Ms. Jenny Kotlerman, MS, Principal Statistician
- Stella Aguinaga Bialous, RN, MScN, DrPH, FAAN, Consultant